January health craze has begun, so I thought I’d join the bandwagon by trying some new heathy recipes.
I’ve always wanted to try making protein balls, as from what I’ve heard, they’re a delicious treat when you’re craving something sweet and they help get your protein intake up quite a bit! If your going to the gym a lot this January then you’ll need all the protein you can get to repair your muscles, and get them strong and ready for your next workout.
I came across this recipie when looking online, and since I had all the ingredients in my cupboards I thought I’d give it a go.
– 1 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
– 1/3 cup honey
– 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
– 2 tablespoons flax seeds
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– 1 tablespoon chocolate-flavored protein powder, or to taste ( I used bulk powders chocolate whey protein)
1. Stir oats, peanut butter, honey, chocolate, flax seeds, chia seeds, and protein powder together in a bowl until evenly mixed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Scoop chilled mixture into balls. Keep cold until serving.
Tips: Once the balls are made keep refrigeratored.
To be even more creative why not decorate with shredded coconut, almonds, or cover in white or dark chocolate for that extra luxury taste.
They really are a delicious alternative to a sweet treat.
Tag me in some pics of your protein balls on Instagram @RebekahJwright.
or send me a snap SC: rebekahjwright
Hope you enjoy!