If you’re looking for a way to get creative this valentines day with a cheap alternative to chocolate and flowers, or if you’re wanting a day planned full of fun things to do, then definitely have ago at making these delicious, creamy chocolate chip cupcakes.
These scrumptious cupcakes are very easy to make, and you probably already have the ingredients lying about your cupboards.
You will need…
A muffin baking tray
75g brown sugar
100g plain flour
75g chocolate chips
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
For the icing:
120g icing sugar
1 table spoon cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of boiling water
And for the love heart decoration i just melted some white chocolate, but you can get creative and decorate yours however you want!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease the baking tray with a little soft butter
- Put the butter, sugar, egg and flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir them all together with a wooden spoon until they are well mixed.
- Sift the baking powder and cocoa powder into the bowl. Add milk, and chocolate chips and mix together.
- Use a teaspoon to divide the mixture equally into the muffin tray. Bake the muffins for 12 minutes.
- Leave the muffins in the tray until they are cool, and then decorate them with the icing or any topping you wish.
For the icing:
- Using an electric whisk, beat the icing sugar and butter together.
- Mix in a separate bowl, the cocoa powder and water. Then add to the mixture.
- Stir/whip until smooth.
They are very chocolatey, and leave your taste buds oozing with sweetness. A gorgeous desert to end your romantic night.
If you give them ago, let me know how they went by tagging me on
Happy Valentines day everyone!