Finding the perfect healthy treat can be quite a challenge. Especially if you’re used to processed goods, it can be tricky to get your taste buds back tasting true natural foods that are good for you.
But look no further, I have created, using natural raw ingredients, a snicker style bar that you can snack on til your sugary cravings are content! Instead of bad sugars, your body will thrive off the natural glucose and will give you that energy boost to get you through the rest of your day.
These bars are simple, easy and very quick to make, there’s no bake time, its the magic work of your fridge!
So give this recipe a go and I promise you won’t look back after tasting the goodness of these healthy bars.
Base (Makes roughly 12 bars)
– 1 cup cashew nuts (Could use any nuts you like preferably almond or brazil nuts)
– 1 cup pitted dates
– ½ cup shredded coconut
– 2 tbsp peanut or almond butter
– ½ tbsp honey
– 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1.In a food processor blend the brazil nuts just a little so they stay chunky
2. Blend the rest together in a food processor and stir in gently the brazil nuts
3.Press mixture into a square dish or pan and place it in the freezer to set while making the chocolate topping
– 1 tbsp honey
– 2 tbsp cacao powder
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
1.Melt the coconut oil and add the remaining ingredients
2. Take out the bars and stir over the chocolate topping
3. Put back and freeze for 1-2 hours, afterwards store in fridge
And whalla… The most delicious, gooey goodness there is!