I hope you haven’t been rushing around too much the last few days; panic buying all your Christmas gifts like myself.
This morning I set myself an hour aside from wrapping and online shopping, to do some Christmas baking for you all.
Now of course I did a healthy twist on them, I’m not for giving out unhealthy recipes, I’m all about wellbeing and balance, as you know if you read my blog regularly.
This recipe was taken from the ‘shape’ plan from a lean and 15 book by Joe Wicks.
It’s a great book, and has some really easy and yummy normal grub in it.
I have to say they are the creamiest brownies I’ve ever tasted.
They’re mousy texture melts in your mouth.
You wouldn’t believe there was protein powder in them!
So here’s the recipe –
– 140g dark chocolate (over 70% cocoa) broken into pieces
– 60g unsweetened peanut butter
– 20g honey
– 2 over-ripe bananas, peeled and roughly chopped
– 2 scoops (60g) chocolate protein powder
– 30ml almond milk
– splash of vanilla extract
– 3 eggs; yolks separated
– cocoa for dusting
1. Heat oven to 160 degrees (fan 140; gas mark 3) and line an 18cm brownie tray with baking parchment.
2. Put the chocolate into a bowl along with the honey and peanut butter. Rest the bowl on top of a saucepan of boiling water to melt. Don’t let the base of the bowl touch the simmering water.
3. Meanwhile blitz the banana in a blender until nearly smooth. Pour into an empty bowl and add the protein powder, almond milk, vanilla extract, and egg yolks and mix together.
4. When the chocolate mix has melted pour into the banana mix.
5. Next whisk the egg whites until they are stiff. Stir one third into the chocolate batter and then, using a gentle chopping action, fold in the rest of the egg whites.
6. Spoon the batter into the baking tray and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cook for five minutes before cutting into 12 pieces and dusting with cocoa powder.
Hope you have fun creating these as I have eating them!
Something you don’t have to feel super guilty about eating this Christmas… enjoy.