Hello everyone and happy pancake day!
Can you believe it’s this time of year again?
This is favourite time of year actually, because it’s still fresh into the new year, and after struggling to make it to the end of January, I kinda feel refreshed.
Pancake day is one I celebrate each and every single year. Pancakes are actually the best food ever. Need cheering up? Eat some pancakes. Craving something sweet? Pancakes. Not starving put a lil peckish? Pancakes.
Pancakes are just the perfect comfort food, and the perfect brunch to satisfy your stomach for the busy working day ahead.
So here’s my all time favourite recipe….
– 1 banana
– 2 egg whites
– 1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients together. I used a blender, but hand whisking works just as well.
2. Spray frylight or rub oil onto a pan, and pour in one pancakes worth of mixture.
3. Cook on low heat for 3ish minutes and flip.
4. Whalla! Top with favourite toppings and tuck in.
I added fruit and dark chocolate to mine, I just love when the chocolate melts. It makes a much healthier alternative to Nutella.
Let me know if you tried my protein packed banana pancakes, and what toppings are your fave!
Enjoy the rest of pancake day while you can, after all it only happens once a year!